Timings of the school day are as follows:
7.30am-8.20am - Early Morning Care
- The cost per session is £3 per child payable in advance via the school office – unfortunately without payment we cannot offer your child/ren a place.
- Terms & conditions can be found in the letters home section.
- Click below for the form:
8.20am - Doors open for Breakfast Club
- Please wait outside of school with your child until the doors are open by the staff and volunteers from breakfast club. The children will then be allowed in to the hall. Parents can take children into the hall but please do not go to classrooms.
- Winnall are lucky enough to have a free breakfast club provided by The Salvation Army.
- Children can come along to eat breakfast and then play with friends.
- Children will be taken to class from breakfast club at 8.50am
8.50am - Class doors open
- Children should not be at school before 8.50am please, unless they are attending breakfast club.
9.00am - Registration ends
- After 9am children are recorded as being late to school.
- If your child is arriving after 9am, they must enter through the main entrance and sign in with the school office staff. This ensures we have registered them as being on school grounds, and also allows us to order them a school lunch if required (all cooked lunches need to be ordered by 9.45am at the latest)
- Children who arrive after 9.20am are recorded as an unauthorised absence.
10.35am - 10.50am - Morning break
All children in lower school (key stage 1) receive a free piece of fruit each morning at break time.
There is also a morning break snack shop available from the kitchen for all children in school. Children will need to have the correct change, ideally in an envelope or purse/wallet each day that they want to buy snacks. The snack price list is as follows:
- Selection of fresh fruit 30p
- Freshly baked roll 30p
- Hampshire apple juice drink 189ml) 40p
- Orange juice cutlet (150ml) 30p
- Yazoo strawberry milk 50p
- Raisins 25p
12.00pm - 1.00pm - Lunch time year R/1/2
12.15pm - 1.15pm - Lunch time year 3 & 4
12.30pm - 1.30pm - Lunch time year 5 & 6
3.30pm - School day ends
- Children should be collected from outside their classroom door.
After School Clubs
- Some children may take part in after school sports clubs which are run by Coach Jewell. For a list of the current clubs on offer, please visit the 'After School Clubs' section. Please note, these clubs have limited spaces so you will be notified at the beginning of term if your child has a place. Collection points for after the clubs finish is also detailed on those pages.
If you wish to speak to class teachers, please contact the school office in the first instance. Messages can be easily passed on, and if a longer conversation is required, teachers can arrange to speak to you at a mutually convenient time. This gives us time to listen to concerns or issues and respond to them appropriately and it does not impact on the smooth start to the school day.
Please can we respectfully ask, that parents do not walk through the school building at the beginning or end of the day; we need to ensure that we know who is in the building at any time, and this helps us to keep all the children safe.
The school office is open from 8.30am-4.00pm